Saturday, March 15, 2008

The King of Bling: Liberace


Maybe I'm just a sucker for hot pants, but as long time readers know I'm fan of Liberace. So I was pretty happy to come across news that the uber-"King of Bling" is coming back. Big time (as Kath would say):

"...look for Liberace in new places. His sequined self is plastered on postcards, bumper stickers, T-shirts, tote bags, wallets, and a book of paper cutouts called "Liberace: Your Personal Fashion Consultant" that has sold 10,000 copies. Online, fans can buy Liberace rings, Christmas ornaments, teddy bears, shot glasses, thimbles, and even a $1,600 Swarovski crystal miniature grand piano." READ the rest here.
Personally, I am very excited about the Liberace line of sneakers (image left). I can easily imagine a pair of these on Jean-Yves Thibaudet. Then again I have had a fever for the past 3 days. Anyhoo, you find these and other bling things at the Liberace Foundation's online shop here.

Happy shopping.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so great! My company is currently working with the Liberace Foundation in developing a line of candles. One is already out and it's called: Liberace - Patron Saint of Dazzling Moms. The second one is in the works and hopes to be even better than the first! you can find it on www.qassa.com under prayer candles.