Thursday, September 07, 2006

Pop Music Note

Not too long ago I made the trek to see the "The Roches" performing at the Earlville Opera House in upstate New York. It was well-worth it. I can safely report that they were as entertaining, quirky, and lively as ever. They broke up 9 or so years ago, so I didn't think I'd ever see them perform together again.

Their back. Big time (as'Kath' Knight' would say).

Check out their website for tour dates. And while there don't miss a clip they've posted of their performance on Saturday Night Light doing Handel's "Hallelujah Chorus". You find it here.

Also worth seeing this summer was "Ween" and "The Flamming Lips". Why? Less scripted sounding (TFL) then usual and amazing to see them together playing a state fair (NY). Did I say it was amazing? But I will still take the Roches over either any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

No comments: