Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Is Music Going to the Dogs?

Well, it depends on how you look at it. I came across this strange gem while looking for a recoding of a very different sort. What is it? It's a CD for dogs !

"Notable titles on the disc include "I'll Be Back," "I Love Food," and what Haynes says is the album's No. 1 hit, "Squeaky-Deakey!" Haynes says that by being in the room when the album is played for the first two or three weeks, owners can create a positive association with the music that later calms pets down while the owner is out."

Here's more info. Check the album out here.

But, as it turn out, Fido might just prefer you buy him a nice CD of Mozart, Chopin, or Bach. Why? Well, according to scientists in Ireland, classical music has a positive effect on dogs:

"..new study suggests that dogs being subjected to classical music while in rescue centers may have more chance of attracting a new owner. " Read all about it here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The things people will buy ! LOL.

Waterfall said...

My cat is a Chopin freak. Seriously. Whenever I am practicing piano, he ignores me UNTIL I start playing Chopin. Then he has to come into the piano room and sit on the bench with me. He stays there until I start playing something other than Chopin. Then he leaves. We made him a special Chopin tape to keep him calm on car trips to the vet.